Businesses in the food industry know very well that they need to work under strict hygiene measures and bacteriological control to avoid becoming the focal point of possible virus and bacteria transmission.
- Esbelt´s antimicrobial conveyor belts help to minimize contamination risks and excess microbial charge. These belts reduce microbial growth by 99%.
- Esbelt’s offer belts with wick resistant. The low absorption of fluids prevents pathogenic micro-organisms from penetrating the fabric through capillarity.
- Strictly meet the food regulations FDA and EU 10/2011
TPU Belts for Food Industry
TPU is a thermoplastic with high resistance to abrasion and is suitable for applications where the products are abrasive or where scrapers and side skirts are used.
The smooth and matt cover belts are non-porous and are easy to clean. Esbelt also offers belts with top cover embossments.
Within the TPU range, they have 2 series:
- Highly resistant to animal and vegetable oils and fats, no cracks, high level of hygiene.
- Prevents accumulation of residue and micro-organisms.
- Recommended for oily and abrasive applications.
- Bacteriostatic formulation with strong and long lasting anti-microbial and antibiofilms effects (ISO 22196).
- Highly resistant to hydrolysis.
- High flexibility under cold temperatures.
- Specially recommended for applications where there is strict cleaning and disinfecting protocol, where there is high humidity and the control of microbial load is of vital importance.
Metal Detectable Conveyor and Processing Belt
Conveyor belts suffer cuts, wear and tear, which in some occasions may lead to the detachment of small plastic parts. These may enter the production line and contaminate food. Blue conveyor belts have been gradually introduced to the food industry to improve their visual detection. However, should they accidentally get mixed inside the conveyed product, visual detection would be very difficult. To minimize this risk and enhance food safety, Esbelt has developed a conveyor belt detectable by metal detection devices.
The esbelt AM antimicrobial belt range represents a very important aid for food companies in guaranteeing the safety of processed foods, especially when shelf life is a strategic property of the food item. In order not to alter the conveyed food, its main active antimicrobial agent is not a bactericide but a bacteriostatic component. Its function is to prevent the belt from adding microbial load to the conveyed product. Reduces the risk of claims and returns.